Stages of creating Workplace accounts
This article is only applicable to admins with relevant permissions.
Unless you’ve turned on self-invite, you need to invite people to join your Workplace before they can activate their account.
You can add people to Workplace by:
- Email address
- Mobile phone number (not available to Workplace trial customers)
- Access code or link
- Microsoft Excel or CSV file
- Connecting to an identity provider or using SCIM API
If you add people to Workplace by Microsoft Excel or CSV file or by connecting to an identity provider, then you can add people to your Workplace but invite them later. If you use another method, then you invite them at the same time as adding them.
If you have invited people but they haven’t activated their Workplace account yet, then you can send them a reminder.
How people activate their Workplace account
When you invite someone to your Workplace, the way they activate their account will depend on how you’ve added them. For example:
- If you add people using their email address, then they will receive an email inviting them to claim their account through a uniquely generated URL.
- If you add people via an identity provider and their default login setting is single sign-on (SSO), then they will be able to log into Workplace through your configured SSO service.
Learn more about how people activate their Workplace account.
Note: Joiners or leavers during the month are billed pro rata. This is unless your contract specifies otherwise.